Saturday, January 22, 2011

Random Hostility!

Just some random shit, musings, and nitpickery that's hit my mind lately, and in the past on Twitter:

- Why is it that people say 'I'm not gonna sit here and take this' when they are clearly standing up? I'm sure the extra nanosecond it takes to change the verb in that sentence is well worth it. It would at least take the 'dumbass' label off of you.

- I know many people have touched on this, but it does kinda make me cringe slightly when people misuse the term 'literally'. "This guy went up to me and tried to start sumthin', so I literally beat the shit out of him", yet no fecal matter is present. The phrase would be appropriate if you were using the Poop Hammer in "DeathSpank", but not on the mean streets of (insert town here). When such a gross misuse of the word is presented to me, you're not simply insulting the language. You're burning a bag of dog poop on its front door, ragging on its local sports team, and pissing in its mineral water. And I mean all of that figuratively, NOT literally.

- If the Lord did not want his name taken in vain, he wouldn't have created "Battletoads" for the NES. Or The Verminator from "Secret of Evermore". That guy was a bitch.

- My English teacher in Grade 7 played 'Ironic' by Alanis Morissette for us in class, and stated 'this song has many great examples of irony'. She probably should go back to the college she took English in and get a refund, as the only thing truly ironic about that song is the total lack of actual examples of real irony...

...which actually may be the point. A song called 'Ironic' having no accurate traces of irony being detailed...

... actually, I'm leaning more towards the 'Morissette/Ballard' songwriting team being dumbasses.

- In the summertime, do kids with Attention-Deficit Disorder attend concentration camp?

- If you're making a quiz on Sporcle.com, who wants to take a quiz based on YOUR favorite songs or movies. I'm sorry, but if I'm on there, I'm probably not going to play a game called 'guess what's on my iPod?' or 'my sister's favorite dildos' or 'things I think about while jerking off to footage of the moon landing'. Keep the quizzes impersonal, dammit!

 Yes, most of that was nitpicking, but if I didn't nitpick, this blog would have VERY little content

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment